Saturday, February 8, 2014

Moving Taxyis off the nose

I remember reading an interview with David Simon, executive producer of the late, lamented TV Show, The"I hate it when somebody purposely tries to have the lyrics match the visual. It brutalizes the visual in a way to have the lyrics dead on point. ... Yet at the same time it can't be totally off point. It has to glance at what you're trying to say."
Wire.  He was discussing his choice of musical numbers to appear on the show, and he had this to say -

I've been struggling with Tayxis to find this type of balance.   While the game was born of my love/hate relationship with the state in which I reside, it also needs to be playable, which means that it needs to be able to be taken a bit more seriously.  

So I'm going to change the name of the game from Tayxis to Lonestar, and go back and edit some of the names of cities and such.  So if you come back and wonder why you can't find Tayxis anymore, that's why.

They Might Be Giants puts it best, of course:


1 comment:

  1. Great taste in music, I have to say! Love that song! I am not sure what your point is about lyrics brutalizing the visuals. Tayxis is more original and sounds way better than Lonestar.

    ReplyDelete